I often poke fun at the chicken-littles among the ID critics, who are afraid that intelligent design is going to destroy Science, Democracy, and the American Way of Life. But the ID-friendly community also has its chicken-littles, worried that teaching children about evolution causes them to have abortions, do drugs, and kill innocent little puppies. In a post at the KCFS discussion board, "dmvprof" makes fun of those worried with a list of Top 10 Actions by new School Board:
Now that the power has been won, it is time to execute Plan 666.
10. No religious paraphenalia allowed in public schools. Searches are to be performed at the school entrance.
9. Any appeal to God or any prayer offerred will result in immediate expulsion.
8. In order for students to pass biology, they must denounce YECism.
7. School on Sundays.
6. Free abortions by High School nurse.
5. Gay sensitive curriculum and Gay Bathrooms.
4. Don't ask don't tell drug policy.
3. End football programs and replace them with soccer.
2. New curriculum to include the study of the "FSM".
1.Replace the symbol for a failing grade from "F" to "Dembski".
The list is obviously a joke ("Plan 666", anyone?), and "dmvprof" makes that abundantly clear in laters posts. Nonetheless, the list is being showcased on Teleological Blog, where Salvador T. Cordova presents it under the heading, "KCFS supporter speaks his mind", as if the poster was serious.
We often criticize ID critics when they engage in sloppy scholarship, and we should demand the same standards of those who are on our own "side". Salvador's use of that list is misleading and irresponsible. The only right thing would be to remove it, replace it with a post saying that the previous post had been misleading, and offer an apology for what happened.